- German Sweets
- Fairs & Dates
- Products & Manufacturers
Section 1 – Information on Gathering Personal Data
(1) In the following we wish to inform you about the personal data we gather when you use our website. Personal data means any data that relates to you personally, such as name, address, e‑mail addresses, website user behaviour.
(2) The controller, pursuant to Art. 4 (7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), is German Sweets e.V., Schumannstraße 4-6, 53113 Bonn, Germany (cf. our legal notice). Our data protection officer can be contacted at: Data protection (Datenschutz) German Sweets e.V., Schumannstraße 4-6, 53113 Bonn, firstname.lastname@example.org.
(3) If you contact us via e‑mail, this also verifies the required legitimate interest in the data being processed. If you use this way of contacting us, the data entered into the input mask is transmitted to us and is stored. This data is:
form of address, name, first name, company, postal address, telephone and fax number, e‑mail address, and details on your subject of interest.
Alternatively you may choose to contact us via the e‑mail address we have provided. In this case the personal data provided in your e‑mail is stored by us. The legal basis for this data processing is Art. 6 (1) (a) of the GDPR.
You give us your consent to processing your data as part of the data submission process together with the following text:
“By submitting this message I consent to my contact data being used to contact me a single time for the purpose stated. I may revoke this consent with future effect at any time – including via e‑mail sent to: germansweets@. germansweets.de
We erase the data gathered in this connection as soon as its storage is no longer required or we restrict its processing where statutory record-preserving requirements apply.
Your contact data is stored in a jointly controlled database – within the meaning of Art. 26 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – this database being shared by the following organisations – the Association of the German Confectionery Industry (BDSI), the German Association for the Promotion of Exports of Chocolate, Confectionery, Biscuits, Snacks, and Ice-cream (German Sweets), the German Cocoa and Chocolate Foundation (Stiftung der Deutschen Kakao- und Schokoladenwirtschaft), the German Confectionery Promotion Company (Süßwarenförderungs-GmbH), the Advisory Board of the International Sweets and Biscuits Fair (AISM), the German Industrial Disputes Support Fund Association (Arbeitskampf-Unterstützungsfonds e.V.), and the German Committee of Industrial Users of Sugar (IZZ).
(4) If we commission service providers to perform individual functions of our service offering or if we wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we shall inform you about the respective activities in detail as subsequently stated. In this connection we shall also state the criteria set for data storage duration.
Section 2 – Legal Basis
Your personal data is processed with your consent or on the basis of statutory permission. In as far as we obtain consent for processing personal data, the legal basis for this data processing is Art. 6 (1) (a) of the GDPR.
In as far as personal data is processed for the purpose of performance of a contract to which you are a contractual party, the legal basis for this data processing is Art. 6 (1) b) of the GDPR. In as far as personal data is processed for the purpose of compliance with a statutory obligation to which we are subject by law, the legal basis for this data processing is Art. 6 (1) (c) of the GDPR. In the event that the vital interests of the data subject or a different natural person make a processing of personal data necessary, the legal basis for this data processing is Art. 6(1) (d) of the GDPR.
If such data processing is required to protect our legitimate interests or those of a third party and if your interests, your basic rights and basic freedoms do not override such interests, the legal basis for this data processing is Art. 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR.
Section 3 – Your Rights
(1) You have the following rights with respect to your personal data stored by us:
- right of access to personal data,
- right to correction or erasure of personal data,
- right to restricted processing of personal data,
- right to objection against the processing of personal data,
- right to data portability.
(2) In addition, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulatory authority against our processing your personal data.
(3) If you given us your consent to process your personal data, you can revoke this consent at any time – including per e‑mail: germansweets@. Such a revocation does not affect the legality of data processing conducted up to that point in time. germansweets.de
Section 4 – Gathering of Personal Data when You Visit Our Website
(1) If you are using the website simply for information purposes, i.e. if you do not register or provide us with other information, then we only gather the personal data which your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to look at our website, we gather the following data which we need for technical purposes to show you our website and ensure the stability and security of its use (the legal basis for this being Art. 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR):
- IP address
- date and time of information request
- time difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- content of query (concrete web page)
- access status/HTTP status code
- respectively transmitted data volume
- originating web page of the query
- operating system and its user interface
- language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your device when you use our website. Cookies are small text files which are allocated to the browser you are using and stored on your hard disk, via which certain information is passed on to the cookie-setting entity (in this case us). Cookies cannot execute programs or transfer viruses to your device. They serve the general purpose of making the internet offering more user-friendly and more efficient.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, whose scope and function is explained in the following:
- transient cookies (cf. point b) below)
- persistent cookies (cf. point c) below)
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. These particularly include session cookies. The latter store a so-called session ID that allows different requests from your web browser to be attributed to the same session. This enables your device to be recognised if and when you return to our website. These session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a preset time which may differ depending on the respective type of cookie. You can delete the cookies at any time by accessing the security settings of your browser.
d) You may configure your browser settings as you wish and, for example, reject third-party cookies or all cookies. Please note that if you do this, you might not be able to make full use of all the functions on this website.
f) In as far as our processing activities are required, we pass your personal data to the following recipient categories: logistics partners; postal service providers; call centres; IT providers and third parties in accordance with Section 5 (3).
Your personal data is not transmitted to a third country.
Section 5 – Additional Functions and Offerings on our Website
(1) In addition to using our website for purely informational purposes, we offer various services which you may use should this be of interest to you. Usually this means providing additional personal data which we use to render the respective service and comply with the aforementioned data processing principles.
(2) We partially use external service providers for the purpose of processing your data. These are carefully selected by us and, if their compliance with the statutory data protection standards is verified, they are commissioned by us and are bound by our instructions and regularly subjected to verification checks.
(3) Furthermore, we may pass on your personal data to third parties so that we can conclude contracts or offer you similar services in cooperation with our partners. More detailed information on this is provided when you enter your personal data or is to be found in the description of our offering below.
Section 6 – Objection to, or Revocation of, Consent to Our Processing of Your Data
(1) If you give consent to your data being processed, you may revoke this consent at any time. The revocation of your consent affects the extent to which we are permitted to process your personal data after you have issued such a revocation.
(2) In as far as our processing of your personal data is based on the balance of interests, you may lodge an objection to this data processing. This is so if such data processing is, in particular, not required to perform a contract with you, as is respectively explained in the cases described below. When exercising this revocation right, we request that you name the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we do. Once we have received your revocation and the reasons for it, we shall review the circumstances of your case and either cease such data processing, adapt our data processing accordingly, or else name our cogent and legitimate reasons for continuing such data processing.
(3) Naturally you may at any time object to your personal data being processed for advertising and data analysis purposes. You may inform us of your objection to data processing for advertising purposes by mailing us at: germansweets@. germansweets.de
Section 7 – Use of our German Sweets Member Services
(1) As an employee (hereafter referred to as employee) of a member company, you have the option of logging into the German Sweets Member Services via a login on the website. Access to the Member Services offering is exclusively reserved for members of German Sweets and is not public. If you wish to use our portal as an employee of a member company, you will need to register by sending your e‑mail address and company details to our corresponding contact address germansweets@. After verification, you will be assigned a username and a one-time password which you will need to change after your first login. There is no real-name requirement; a pseudonym may be used. We use a one-time password procedure for the registration process, i.e. your registration is not concluded until you have registered using the temporary password and the username and have subsequently chosen a non-temporary password. In this regard, the aforementioned data is mandatory whereas all additional information may be voluntarily provided in the course of using our portal. germansweets.de
(2) If you use our Membership Services portal, we store your data within the course of your using the portal on the basis of the terms of service until such time as you choose to have your access terminated by mailing us at the e‑mail address germansweets@. What is more, we store your voluntarily provided data for the duration of your use of the portal in as far as you have not previously asked these to be deleted. You may have any of your data changed by mailing us at germansweets.degermansweets@; we do not provide the option of data self-management. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR. Our legitimate interest in this respect lies in the technical safeguarding of the Member Services portal and compliance with its terms of service. germansweets.de
(3) Your portal data is not visible to other users of the German Sweets Member Services portal.
(4) To prevent unauthorised third-party access to your personal data, your connection is encrypted via TLS technology.
Section 8 – Circular and Newsletter “Product News”
(1) With your consent and as an employee of a German Sweets member company you may subscribe to our circulars in which we inform you about various developments in the export markets, participations in trade fairs, training measures, and other export-related matters. To subscribe to the German Sweets circulars please contact our headquarters by letter or e‑mail, addressed to germansweets@, for example. Registration and subscription to the circulars is exclusively offered to employees of German Sweets member companies only. germansweets.de
(2) Importers of confectionery products have the opportunity of subscribing to the German Sweets newsletter “Product News” that is published several times a year. This contains information about new products from German Sweets members and their participation in international trade fairs. To subscribe to the newsletter, please send an e-mail to our headquarters, for example addressed to germansweets@, or register at germansweets.dehttps://www.germansweets.de/gs-en/exporteurdatenbank-en/importeurdatenbank-selbsterfassung-en/. Die Registrierung und ist ausschließlich Importeuren und Facheinkäufern von Süßwaren vorbehalten.
(3) The mandatory information required to subscribe to our circulars or newsletter consists of your e-mail address and the details of the company where you are employed or the mandatory information to be provided in filling out the registration form. After verifying your confirmation, we will save your data and e‑mail address for the purpose of sending you the newsletter. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 (1) (a) of the GDPR.
(4) You can revoke your consent to receiving the circulars or the newsletter at any time and cancel the newsletter. You may declare your revocation of consent by sending an e‑mail to germansweets@ or by sending a message to the contact address provided in the legal notice. germansweets.de
Section 9 – Importers Database
Use of Your Personal Data from the Self-Registration Form by Importers
(1) By entering your data into this form you are self-registering as an importer of German confectionery in the German Sweets Importers Database. The Importers Database is used by over 100 member companies of German Sweets e.V. (German Association for the Promotion of Chocolate, Confectionery, Biscuit, Snack and Ice-cream Exports) to establish new worldwide business contacts. You will also receive information on our newsletter “Product News” and an invitation to our “Sweets Night” event which is staged on the eve of the International Sweets and Biscuits Fair (ISM) in Cologne.
(2) The personal data you provide to us within this self-registration process will only be used to initiate contact with exporters registered with German Sweets, to send you the German Sweets Product News, to invite you to our Sweets Night, and for corresponding technical administration purposes. Your details will not be disclosed to third parties.
(3) You have the right to revoke your consent with effect for the future at any time. In this case your personal data will be immediately deleted.
(4) You may request information on the storage of your personal data at any time.
Section 10 – Incorporation of here.com
(1) Our website also incorporates the here.com offering. This means we can display interactive maps directly on our website, enabling convenient use of the maps function.
(2) Further information on the purpose and scope of data gathering and its processing by here.com is contained in the here.com data protection notices. For further information on your corresponding rights and the settings options for protecting your privacy please visit: legal.here.com/en-gb/privacy and legal.here.com/en-gb/privacy/cookies.
Section 11 – Safety Notice
We use technical and organisational measures to protect your data against unauthorised access, loss, and destruction. Our security measures are subject to continuous improvement to stay current with state-of-the-art technological developments.
Statistics cookies are used for analysis and help us understand how visitors interact with our website by collecting information anonymously. Based on this information, we can further improve and optimize our website for you.
Necessary cookies help with the basic funtionality of our website, e.g. remember if you gave consent to cookies.
German Sweets e.V.Privacy